Cruelty Free Tag!


I was exploring the internet recently and came across a cruelty free tag by Grace Pamela MUA the Cosmeticcouturier which was posted in 2012 ( a long time ago I know) and I thought it looked interesting so I decided to give it a shot. If you're interested in also completing the tag I'll post the questions below this post and please post the link in the comments if you decide to try it so I can have a read. :)


1. What is your favourite cruelty free brand?

My favourite cruelty free brand would have to be without a doubt, Lush. I love Lush, I have an addiction and just want to try every single one of their products. If you don't already know Lush is a brand of bath and body products that are 100% vegetarian with a large percentage being vegan. They actively fight against animal testing and believe strongly that the future of cosmetics should not involve animal testing of any kind. 

2.What brand did you love until you found out it wasn't cruelty free?

I'm still fairly new to beauty and makeup so I didn't use a large range of brands before going cruelty free, I'm still transitioning to 100% as I have some of my old products and don't want to waste them by just throwing them away. Two brands I did buy from quite regularly were Maybelline and Revlon mostly due to convenience and price. It is quite difficult where I live to buy certain brands and I think that's quite common for most people living in Australia. The prices are always higher and getting products shipped here can be extremely expensive. If anyone has a cruelty free substitute for Revlon's Colorstay foundation for combination to oily skin please let me know because that was one of my favourites and I miss it! 

3.What is a cruelty free drugstore brand you like?

I really like e.l.f cosmetics, I use their brow kit almost daily which I believe was around $8 and their brushes are super soft and work pretty well. Another brand that I believe is cruelty free (will have to send them an email to double check) is W7, they have a massive range of products at extremely affordable prices. I've tried quite a few bits and pieces from nail polishes to bronzers and they've all been really nice, especially when you consider the price.

4.Have you found a nail polish that is cruelty free?

As I mentioned above W7 has a large range of nail polishes, apart from that I don't believe I've found any other cruelty free nail polishes. 

5.Have you found a perfume that is cruelty free?

Nope.

6.Why did you want to become a user of cruelty free products and how did you find out about cruelty free options?

I decided to become a user of cruelty free products because I disagree with using animals for our own benefit that including consumption, testing, entertainment etc. It may be slightly harder to find cruelty free options and there is more research involved but in the long run it's so much more beneficial. You don't have to feel guilty about the torture and you don't have to support it. It hurts my heart just thinking about it, poor animals ):. I think it's important to be a conscientious shopper and be aware of what you are supporting by buying products that do contribute to animal cruelty. I could go on about this topic all day.

I've found out about cruelty free products and brands from friends, social media, bloggers and by doing research. There's a massive amount of people trying to spread the cruelty free message and it's amazing what you can learn.

7. Do you eat meat?

Hell no. I've been a vegetarian for over three years, although I'm not sure of the exact date that I stopped eating meat. 

8.What is your favourite fruit and/or veggie?

This is such a hard question but for vegetable it would have to be potatoes, I absolutely love potatoes you can mash, fry, bake, boil. The possibilities are endless! For fruit it would be bananas, mandarins or avocado... Or maybe mango or blueberries. They're just all so good!


Original tag video I found; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENr4X8QOGgY


Questions:
1.What is your favourite cruelty free brand?
2.What brand did you love until you found out it wasn't cruelty free?
3.What is a cruelty free drugstore brand you like?
4.Have you found a nail polish that is cruelty free?
5.Have you found a perfume that is cruelty free?
6.Why did you want to become a user of cruelty free products and how did you find out about cruelty free options?
7. Do you eat meat?
8.What is your favourite fruit and/or veggie?

2 comments

Back to Top