Vegan Sugar Cookies

Zoella recently posted on her blog a recipe for sugar cookies, I had never tried nor made sugar cookies so I decided to give it a shot. I used her recipe but substituted ingredients for vegan alternatives. They turned out amazing, I love the way they look and taste! Perfect with a cup of tea or to leave out for Santa! Happy baking! x


I'm a complete amateur when it comes to icing, and taking photos of food!





Sugar Cookies
For the cookies:

  • 140g Icing Sugar
  • 2tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 250g Vegan Butter or Margarine (I used Nuttelex)
  • 375g Plain Flour
  • A splash of almond milk (or any milk of choice)

For the icing:

  • 225g Icing Sugar
  • Cold Water

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, lay down baking paper onto trays or spray with oil. Cream icing sugar and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and almond milk stirring until combined. Stir in flour a bit at a time until the mixture has formed a dough. 
Chill dough in the fridge for at least half an hour, this makes the dough easier to handle once you begin to roll it out.
Sprinkle some flour onto your workbench and roll out the dough. I recommend doing half the mixture at a time so it's easier to work with. Using any cookie cutters of your choice, cut out the dough into shapes and place on the tray.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies begin to go golden brown. Once the cookies are baked, cool on a wire cooling rack and then you're ready to ice.
To make the icing add a tablespoon at a time of water to the icing sugar, add enough so that the icing is pipeable yet won't run off the cookies (You can always add more icing sugar if your icing turns out too runny!). 
Pipe the icing onto the cookies using a piping bag (or sandwich bag with the tip cut off if you're classy like me ;) ) then add sprinkles or any decoration your heart desires! Once the icing has dried, make yourself a cup or tea or hot chocolate and eat!

This is only about a quarter of the cookies the batch made!

Original Recipe: 
https://www.zoella.co.uk/2015/12/christmas-sugar-cookies.html

    4 comments

    1. I love Zoë and sooo want to bake these next. I've tried her funfetti cupcakes and Tanya Burr's triple choc cookies :p
      Mmm...these look yummy and beautiful
      Laila
      www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I do too and I also tried the funfetti cupcakes. I definitely recommend these cookies, they're just so easy! (:

        Delete
    2. These look so good! Sugar cookies are the best!

      ReplyDelete

    Back to Top